Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Checo

Water Filtration & Pressure

4 posts in this topic

We plan on being owners in Sayulita in the very near future and from what I have seen, most homes do not have Water Filtration and rely on gravity fed systems. Does anyone know if there is a local plumber or water contractor that specializes in something like this? Ideally, I would be looking to pressurize the system to 60-70psi and add a filtration system to it to make the water drinkable from the tap. Has anyone done this and if so, what are you experiences?

You need to test the system to handle 60 psi. Many might not and pressure does not mean volume. Most places have 1/2" plumbing with corrosion to further reduce volume. All flat roof houses leak. Most electrical is ample for simple needs. Sewer plumbing usually has no traps so a lot of odor and so on and so on.

I don't have a pressurized system, but I have many friends who do. You won't have a problem finding the equipment or an installer. But if you buy a home which doesn't have proper plumbing to handle the pressure, you will have a problem and will have to dig into walls and floors to re-plumb.

And no, all flat roofs don't leak. Mine doesn't.

Not all but many