jenna k

relocating to Sayulita

5 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I are thinking of relocating our family from Canada to Sayulita. Through this forum, I'm looking to form some connections within the community of locals or expats there. I'd love to be in touch and ask some questions.

We are highly interested in purchasing a house to live in and rent to tourists.  Does anyone have experience with this that could shed some light on the upsides and downsides of this opportunity? Also, have any families moved there and would like to share their experience with me in regards to the move, schooling, making new friends etc....Is the community open to new comers? Is it difficult to find employment? 

To whomever responds to this..thank you for taking the time to reach out and be open to making new friends in the process.

Namaste

Jenna

You need to do a lot of research about moving to Mexico.

factual research first then local opinion. You need a special document to work.

And just curious if you have been here?

Hi Bob,

thanks for your reply. Yes my husband and I have been there twice and fell in love with the town. We're definitely doing tons of research as its a major move and we want to make sure our family will be okay. We have looked into the requirements for work and visa's..I think we will be ok in that department. Do you currently live in Sayulita? Whats your story of Sayulita?

San Pancho 20 years.