Ed589

What clothing to pack, men, two month stay?

9 posts in this topic

I searched for what to pack for a two month stay in Sayulita and didn't find very much. I'm coming for two months at the end of January. Pack enough for a week and then do laundry? I'd really like to know how many shirts, t-shirts, shorts, etc. I always pack too much, your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks and Feliz año nuevo!

~Ed

This is a more personal preference, It depends on your comfort level and how often you want to take your laundry to a laundromat. Also, it depends on where you're coming from. Coming from a cold climate? You'll probably be really hot due to the humidity and heat, so pack breathable fabrics. Plan on spending most of your day at the beach? Bring a few swim trunks. Do you like eating out and want to bring a button up short sleeve or polo for a nice occasion? Bring that if you wish...

Attire is super casual. Tank tops, swim trunks, shorts, flip-flops and underwear is pretty much all you need here. Hope that helps!

1 person likes this

This is a more personal preference, It depends on your comfort level and how often you want to take your laundry to a laundromat. Also, it depends on where you're coming from. Coming from a cold climate? You'll probably be really hot due to the humidity and heat, so pack breathable fabrics. Plan on spending most of your day at the beach? Bring a few swim trunks. Do you like eating out and want to bring a button up short sleeve or polo for a nice occasion? Bring that if you wish...

Attire is super casual. Tank tops, swim trunks, shorts, flip-flops and underwear is pretty much all you need here. Hope that helps!

Thanks SayuSoul, great advice. I think I will pack for 7 days and add a few extra t-shirts and an extra swim trunks. My wife seems to know exactly what to pack for herself. And her only advice to me is that I pack too much. Thanks again, very much for your reply! I was wondering if anyone was going to respond.

~Ed

Of course, Ed589! 

Also, if you plan on just going to the beach and walking around town, no need to bring socks and shoes. If you want to do any hiking or walks to different beaches, definitely bring extra socks and hiking shoes or trainers to walk through the jungle :) 

Of course, Ed589! 

Also, if you plan on just going to the beach and walking around town, no need to bring socks and shoes. If you want to do any hiking or walks to different beaches, definitely bring extra socks and hiking shoes or trainers to walk through the jungle :) 

Thanks SayuSoul! I'm all set for footwear. :-)

The evenings can be quite cool in January/Feb. Right now I'm wearing jeans and long sleeves and I put my wool socks on last night. My last guest went to town at night in shorts and a T shirt and told me the next morning she was freezing. And she was from Mexico City, where it gets quite cold. I am sleeping with my down quilt. Just saying, you might need more than summer clothes.

The evenings can be quite cool in January/Feb. Right now I'm wearing jeans and long sleeves and I put my wool socks on last night. My last guest went to town at night in shorts and a T shirt and told me the next morning she was freezing. And she was from Mexico City, where it gets quite cold. I am sleeping with my down quilt. Just saying, you might need more than summer clothes.

Thanks mudgirl, I appreciate the tip! Happy New Year!

~Ed

Oh, and a PS, Ed, while attire is casual here, and you won't get turned away wearing shorts and a tank top, if you want to go to one of the nicer restaurants in town for dinner, people do tend to dress for that, rather than show up looking like they just walked off the beach.

Oh, and a PS, Ed, while attire is casual here, and you won't get turned away wearing shorts and a tank top, if you want to go to one of the nicer restaurants in town for dinner, people do tend to dress for that, rather than show up looking like they just walked off the beach.

Thanks again mudgirl.

The best,

~Ed