bjnelson16@yahoo.com

Primary School in Sayulita

22 posts in this topic

The primary school is asking for donations from tourists or locals that want to help.  Juan Ramos, the principle gave me a list of items:

pencils

erasers

note books

glue sticks

markers

If anyone wants to give and does not have a ride to the school,  I will take you on my golf cart.  Juan welcomes people with their children to visit the school.

This school has over 400 students this year and really could use your help.  Thank you in advance.    Barbara Nelson

Great! Thanks Barbara. 

When we arrive with donations, Do we just head over to the school and ask for Juan?  The gate is usually closed during school hours, right? 

They probably are on break for the 2 weeks around Easter, Correct? 

My wife and I are coming to visit Sayulita from March 25th to the 3rd and can bring some supplies with us.  Where/when would be the best time to drop them off?

1 person likes this

Hola,  Yes, the school will be closed for the holiday.  I wiould be happy to come to your hotel/house and pick up the items.  Thank you in advance for thinking about the kids in Sayulita!!!!!

Ok Barbara.  How will I get in touch with you once I am in town? 

Hola,  My home phone is 291-3485 or cell 322-192-6948.  Barbars

Hi Barbara,

I've sent a couple of emails but haven't seen a response. I'm in Sayulita and have a donation for the school. Were you able to still pick it up?

Hola,  Sorry I have been ill, but would love to meet you and take donations.  Tomorrow, 10 am morning at Panninos?  Or I can pick it up at your villa.  Name and address please and time.  I drive a golf cart.

Hola Barbara,

Is the school still in need of supplies? My family is headed down there this weekend for a week, and we'd love to help out.

Cheers,

Rosco

Hola Rosca,  Thank you for thinking about our kids.  The wish list is the same as my post on the top of the list.  This year we received about half of what the principle requested from doners.  Usually, I would pick you up and take you to the school, but I am in Quebec right now.  The primary school is open early in the morning, but they close early afternoon.  The principle (director) Juan Ramos speaks excellent English and he welcomes visitors.  Thanks again for thinking about the kids of Sayulita.  

Hola Barbara,

Glad to help. We'll see what we can fit into our bags. Do you have contact info for Juan Ramos?

Cheers,

Ross

Hola Barbara,

We met about 7 years ago in Sayulita - I brought down baby items for an expecting mother.  You took me to meet her near the town plaza :)

We will be in Sayulita this week (Sept 27-Oct 10( and staying directly beside the school.  Do you have any contact information for Juan Ramos?  We will have our three children with us, as well as bringing down the supplies listed above.  We would like our children to see how kids in Sayulita learn, and would love a tour with Juan if possible.

Thanks,

Courtney

Hola,  I am in Montreal right now, but will be home September 30th.  I will be happy to take you to the school.  Call me at 329-291-3485  or 3221192-6948.

Thanks for the speedy reply, Barbara.

We are staying next to the school at Casa Norte so there is no need to take us there.  If Juan Romaos has contact information you could pass on, that would be great.  Otherwise, we will just try to go there early on a school day before the gate is locked.

Saludos,

Courtney

OK,  I do not know who is the principle this year.  The gate is locked/unlocked throughout the day.  By going early you will eliminate the problem.  Thanks so much for helping our school!!!!

I have shared this with some friends and contacted some friends working at the school. My friends will donate the best they can.

Thanks, SayulitaStartup,  Takes lots of people to help our school.  Every donation helps.  Thank you so much.

Hi Barbara (@bjnelson16@yahoo.com), 

Thank you for your post! I'm coming to Sayulita Dec 20-28 with my kids, ages 9, 7 and we'd love to visit the school (my son would never turn down a ride in a golf cart). We'll be happy to bring some used clothes + school supplies too. Let me know if there are any updated needs. 

Gracias!

Laura from NYC

Laura from NY,  Thanks, I will check to see what days the school will be open.  Please send me a private message at bjnelson16@yahoo.com. And give me your phone number, I will call you. Thanks again, Barbara

Hi, my name is Jo-Anne, I am new to this site.  shimopower88@gmail.com

I live in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

I have a Bachelor of Education and love to work with children grade school level.

I would be very grateful to know if you need English Teachers.  It was mentioned

to me by a friend who moved here from Mexico and she encouraged me to travel to

Mexico to teach English which I became very excited about.  I am in the process of

trying to learn basic Spanish and am enjoying it very much.  I am very passionate about  being part of a team to work 

together to help and increase the quality of life for children...

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

Jo-Anne Shimoda :-)

Jo Ann, It's nice that you are excited about wanting to teach English at schools here, but you need to do your research on Mexican immigration and work visas. You can't just come down on a tourist visa and work. You would have to get a job offer, then apply with that at a consulate up north. The place to get all the pertinent info is not on a public forum.

Hola Jo Anne,  Thank you for wanting to help our kids in Sayulita!!!   Call the private school COSTA VERDE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, their phone numbers are on the internet.  Ask them what kind of paper work you must get in Montreal b4 coming down.  They may know how to help you.  Mexico has laws, but with needing native English teachers, I would think this could be done.  I love the Costa Verde school and watching kids living a healthy green way like is taught at this school.  They teach how to respect our planet!!!!!!!