Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Free Thinker

Nude Beach In Sayulita

9 posts in this topic

:blink:

Does anyone know of a local nude beach that would not offend locals?

There is no nude beach in or around Sayulita. The long beach north of the main beach (over the rocky point) is often deserted but I wouldn't take any chances. It's good that you said "that won't offend locals" because that's exactly what a nude beach would do -- offend the locals. David

Although it isn't legally a nude beach, Carecitos beach is where we always go for an all over tan. It's just south of town and anyone can give you directions. There are rarely more than a handful of folks there, but keep it low key and you shouldn't have any problems with the locals. Have fun!

1 person likes this

Thanks to easygirl, we had a wonderful time in Sayulita. We went in an earnest search to find a beach where we could be nude. Carecitos worked for a few days, there are some rocks on the north end you can set up behind and not be visible from the rest of the beach. We laid our swimsuits on the rocks and for the most part people left us alone. A couple of Mexican kids came through really quickly and we had to cover up, they strode through saying 'no problemo, no problemo'. It felt a bit confined though, so we went further afield. Eventually we found the spot, Patscuarito Beach (not to be confused with Patscuaro Beach). A beautiful crescent of sand, very isolated and infrequently visited. There is an old man who lives in a tent in the trees above the beach who is nude all the time. We talked to him and he said no problems. The police are there infrequently and do not hassle him at all. We set up on the far north end of the beach where we would have tons of warning of any approach. During 4 days of beachgoing we never saw more than 8-12 people per day and they mostly stayed to the south end. We had a couple clamber over the rocks from Playa Escondido, they walked by smiling at us and set up just to the south doing the same as us. Never saw any Mexican nationals the entire time. Frankly, I don't worry too much about offending gringos, so it was perfect.

We are renting a house on the north side of Sayulita in Feb of 09. The house has a private pool and we prefer to get an all over tan but also don't want to offend anyone. The pictures of the rental look as if there are no neighbors close by and there is a wall around the pool/yard. So sunning a'natural shouldn't be a problem, should it?? :rolleyes:

We are renting a house on the north side of Sayulita in Feb of 09. The house has a private pool and we prefer to get an all over tan but also don't want to offend anyone. The pictures of the rental look as if there are no neighbors close by and there is a wall around the pool/yard. So sunning a'natural shouldn't be a problem, should it?? :rolleyes:

I think this would be a good question to ask the homeowner or rental agent. Many homes have daily cleaning and gardening staff so this could pose a problem for you. Also, having a walled in yard doesn't necessarily preclude others from seeing in if there are neighboring homes of more than one level or if they are uphill from your location allowing them to see down into the yard.

This is a country of notorously modest people. Please wait till the staff has gone home and make sure you are not visible by anyone.

You would absolutely offend the Mexicans -- and maybe even tourists with children. Use the same courtesy you would in your own neighborhood and you'll be fine. Happy tanning -- but use sunscreen - you don't want skin cancer on your hoo hoo -- lol

The Beach right next to punta Monterrey or Punta Monterrey itself. Those two are also good place to get a perfect tan... naked. Im Mexican from GDL  As i am reading all these post i have realised  how much our society has change... No Mexican will get offended for seeing you naked on the beach and most important you will not be attacked or persecuted because of that.  i am part of a Mexican naturist society  feel free to contact me for more infomation.  Thanks for visiting my country!! WELCOME! 

ChicoBeach- As a Canadian who has lived here for 15 years, I can't believe you said that! Maybe there are many progressive Guadalajarans who would not be offended, but I can guarantee you that the locals along the coast here do not accept public nudity.