Photo
- - - - -

Marietta Islands

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SharksFan

SharksFan

Beginning Contributor (5-10 posts/replies)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

We are interested in going to the Marietta Islands when we visit later this month. We do not have interest in fishing, nor whale watching. We just want to visit the beach, hang out and snorkel a bit.

Who is reliable vendor and what is the cost for a small group of four people?

Other info that may be helpful:
- We are staying in Sayulita, so obviously prefer to leave from the Sayulita area.
- We are a small group of 4 people and prefer a boat that holds no more than 6-8 people.
- We prefer a boat with a motor that can move fast and get us to the Islands as quickly as possible. We are not interested in sailing, party boats or a boats that moves slow.
- We are NOT interested in whale watching. It's nice if we see them, but our interest is getting to the Islands to relax, snorkel, explore.

Any and all replies are appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 Cielo Girl

Cielo Girl

Established Contributor (11-25 posts/replies)

• Home-Business Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:03 PM

SharksFan
I would take a taxi to Punta Mita and rent one of the boats from the local co-op.
The cost is $1200 pesos for a couple of hours, no matter how many of you there are.
You will not need to share the boat with other people.
A longer trip may be arranged. It is a short ride out to the islands.
Take a cooler with drinks and a picnic - you might have to swim it in, we have before.
Chances are the whales will be gone some time this month but you might see dolphins and turtles.
We go all the time and have always found the boat captains to be pleasant and very accommodating.
Feel free to tip him when you get back - things are not as busy as they used to be.
There are lots of beach front restaurants for apres boating; you can't beat Tino's for drop dead location, views and service on the sand.
Have fun.
Karen.

#3 gingilita

gingilita

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:yoga, crafts, travel, learning spanish, biking, horseback riding, playing cards, spending time with family and friends, meeting new people

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

Hi: My family and I just returned from Sayulita. We did go to Mariette Island from Sayulita. There are boats on the south beach that will take you there. We were 6. They supplied a cooler with ice and water. We took beer and food for the day. It cost $200. US for 4 hours We did see some whales on the way. It was a cloudy day and was cool, but the kids enjoyed the snorkling and we spend some time on the beach. However, the beach was packed with people. There are many boats dropping off and picking up people all day We did stay off shore and played off of the boat at first but decided to go ashore for our lunch.

#4 Entourage

Entourage

New Poster (1-5 posts/replies)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:43 AM

Hi,
I own a business in Sayulita called Sayulita Entourage. We can definitely organize a trip for you. What we charge for a 3 hour tour is 250 usd. We leave from Punta de Mita (where you will be taken by taxi) so no time of the 3 hours will be wasted in reaching the islands. Included in the price we offer, as I said, transportation to and from Punta de Mita, snorkeling equipment, food (ceviche) and drinks.
You can find us on line www.sayulitaentourage.com, facebook and trip advisor.
Definitely worth it!
Roberta

#5 puntanegralib

puntanegralib

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:42 PM

I am a little concerned that the original poster may not realize that the Marieta Islands are a wildlife preserve. You canīt walk it.

You can snorkel, but itīs off the boat. As I understand it you are allowed to sit on the lovely but tiny beach, but any other exploring on the land (mostly rocks) is prohibited by law.

#6 SharksFan

SharksFan

Beginning Contributor (5-10 posts/replies)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:49 PM

Thanks for the replies.

I've received a wide range of prices from others via PM.

#7 shellynjeff

shellynjeff

Experienced Contributor (26-75 posts/replies)

• Home-Business Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

I will recommend Sayulita Entourage...Stephane is hilarious, he's a great sport, and a very nice guy. My family has dealt with him as a home manager, snorkel guide...tour guide...hes a skilled scuba diver etc. Mostly though he's just an honest fun person to be around and he loves his job. His happiness on the water is infectious....

Have fun! and the quick drive from Sayulita to Punta is the way to go...especially if you do not want to 'boat around'....And the home made ceviche is great too

Jeff and Shelly