Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dado

Windshield For My Explorer

11 posts in this topic

Where is the cheapest and best place to get my windshield replace for my 97 Ford Explorer?

Call my husband, he has an auto shop in lo de Marcos. He'll get you set up. 322-135-5521, Enrique. And he does speak english,too. :D

Arturo, the mechanic on the last lot on Nino Hereos replaced a broken windshield of mine using some friends of his. They bought it in Puerto Vallarta, came to my friends house and installed it. It was quite reasonable. This was for an old 1989 Honda car. I thought I would have problems finding a windshield but they did.

Go to los Hermanos in PV. It is behind Home Depot. Across the street from the collage. It is a gringo owned junk yard with so much stuff. The guy is a surfer a super cool. We bought a window for a 96 toyota previa for 70 us dollars. It is an awsome place to just visit!

can you give a little better directions...Home Depot off HWY 200? cant recall a college around there thanks

I understood the directions, it Las Juntas, easy to find. There are also lots of yonkes around Ixtapa.

We just paid 1600 pesos for a new windshield installed on the Pathfinder. We shopped around a bit for the best price and ended up getting it at the shop just east of the Libramiento on Fco.Villa. Right hand side (if headed towards Pitillal) just before the Honda ATV dealer. There weren't any used ones around for our make/model and in the end I decided new was probably better anyway as there wasn't much price difference and I couldn't imagine finding a chip free used one given the state of our roads and our model year.

Los Hermanos, take 200 to PV right before Home Depot there is a uturn back to sayulita. right after the uturn cross the hyw and make your fist right(this will take you behind the Home Depot). Drive for like a mile or two and you will see Los Hermanos on the left and the collage on the right. Go to Abel in San Igntio and he has the phone # to Los Hermanos. You can call and they can tell you if they have the window. Los Hermanos is very organized and they have everything on computer i think. Like I said the gringo owner is a cool guy and very helpful.

Are window was 70 us dollars and he threw in a lug wrench for free because we lost ours. The window was dirty but like new. It was worth the trip. Abel put it in for 100 pesos but it was the driver side window which is easy. I dont know if Abel could put in windows with seals but if he cant he will show you someone who can.

Good luck!

The one I Arturo found and installed was a new one for a 1989 Honda. Price delivered and installed $173 US

Los Hermanos...a great place. the owner, Peter is a sufer and really a fair guy..his phone# is 322 281 3258 or 281 3259