Photo
- - - - -

Telmex Outgoing Mail Server?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 VanFam

VanFam

Super Contributor (150-250 posts/replies)

• Home-Business Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:51 PM

Does anyone know the correct SMTP for outgoing mail through TELMEX? Or explain to me that the ones I found online are working: smtp.telmex.net.mex, smtp.prodigy.net.mex, prodigy.net.mx prodigywifi.com.mex? I'm using a Mac, if that makes any difference.

We can send mail through gmail, but as we're here for six weeks it would be nice to send from our usual email address instead.

Thanks.

#2 don Vivo Aqui

don Vivo Aqui

Honored Contributor (500+ posts/replies)

• Home-Business Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:06 AM

Does anyone know the correct SMTP for outgoing mail through TELMEX? Or explain to me that the ones I found online are working: smtp.telmex.net.mex, smtp.prodigy.net.mex, prodigy.net.mx prodigywifi.com.mex? I'm using a Mac, if that makes any difference.

We can send mail through gmail, but as we're here for six weeks it would be nice to send from our usual email address instead.

Thanks.

First, it is .mx, not .mex. How did you come up with .mex? Next, a search at the Telmex website would give you the needed info even using a Mac. It's not that difficult but I did it for you since you are having problems. http://buscador.telm...ault_collection

De nada!

#3 VanFam

VanFam

Super Contributor (150-250 posts/replies)

• Home-Business Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:15 PM

Muchas gracias. That was exactly the page I was looking for, although my kindergarten Spanish prevented me from finding it (working on that...).

Sadly, none of the nine options worked for me (possibly a port issue, but at that point it's over my head).

In case anyone searches the forum with this query again, my workaround was to create a Gmail account, add it to my regular Mail program as a second account, and use my regular address to receive and the Gmail to send (Gmail uses its own SMTP). That way I don't have to flip between programs to read and reply. I also added the "reply to" field for sending an email so that people replying to me still send to my usual email address.

A bit inelegant, but for five weeks it will do.

Thanks again.